Tuesday 26 January 2016

Which Digi Mobile Plan (Prepaid SIM) to choose?

Going to Malaysia

There is a growing number of Singaporeans who travel to Malaysia to shop and eat due to the attractive exchange rate of S$1 to RM3.12 (highest).  I have received many requests to update my best prepaid phone card for Singaporean and unfortunately, my other commitments deterred me from doing so.  I promise that I will update the blog soon.

Digi Prepaid SIM Data Plans

I am still having my loyal Digi Prepaid SIM.  Why Digi?  It is the most popular telco in Johor Bahru and the vouchers are available everywhere.  Although the network coverage is the worst among the 3 main telcos, it is the preferred choice for many Johorians due to its value for money plans.  Digi offers bonus plans if you select certain plans.  For selective plans, it offers unlimited Whatsapp and WeChat or some MB for Facebook for as low as RM 1, which none of the other telcos can match.  If you are keen in choosing one prepaid SIM card, choose the SMART prepaid and NOT the BEST prepaid for data.  An additional perk is you enjoy free unlimited calls and SMS to 3 buddyz and free basic internet and social app!

Unethical Business Model?

Normally, I am using HERE to navigate the streets.  But it does not help to avoid road works and accidents resulting in jams.  The online purchase of data plan is a nightmare and there are various ways to choose a plan such as *116, *126, *128 etc.  The presentation is messy, overlapping and confusing.  If you cannot win over the customers, confuse them?

To make matter worst, Digi fails to tell you that if you fail to unsubscribe the plan before you leave Malaysia, it will auto deduct the plan when you top up next time.  Well done!  It is okay to make good money but unethical to make it this way.  For a few times, I have topped up RM10 and instantly deducted RM5 for a plan I failed to unsubscribe last time.  Hello, Digi, where is your ethic?

Order in Chaos

I am fed up with this situation as I have no way to access the internet while on the road to read over the fine prints, I need to know what plan do I need before I enter Malaysia BUT I have no time to research.  Where can I find a website with such info?

I took some trouble and wrote a guide on what data plan should I be buying.  If you are a Digi prepaid customer, feel free to try out and tell me if it is working for you.  Inside this guide, I have omitted the overlapping plans which are repeated to confuse customers and highlight which plans you should avoid signing up.  The best part is you will be shown the DIRECT USSD CODE to send and select the plan to cater for your choice.  Remember to complete the guide and submit to find the most useful tip for UNLIMITED WEB SURFING even when you have run out of data.

Run through the guide and write down the code before you venture into Malaysia again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

BlueSG vs CarShare

BlueSG vs CarShare Since 12 Dec 2017, the first electric car rental has started business in Singapore and there is no need to pay for petr...